From LongJump Support Wiki
Campaign Information Section
Sender Information Section
- Sender Email Address
- If you are sending to a large group, the email address entered here will more than likely get flooded with return email. Thus you should create a special email address that will handle all email returns for this and other campaigns.
- Sender Name
- Optionally, change the Sender Name (the Sender Name is populated automatically)
- Tip: Provide a sender name your customer will recognize
Email Contents Section
- Email Template
- Optionally, select a template from the Email Template dropdown list. See Email Templates for advice on how to create an email template.
- Email Language
- Optionally, select a language.
- Email Subject
- This is the Subject that will be displayed to recipients of the campaign.
- Editor Type
- The options are WYSIWYG HTML Editor, Raw HTML Text Editor, Plain Text.
- Email Body
- Create the body of the campaign message in this section:
- For the HTML choices, enter the HTML text and then enter the Plain Text equivalent.
- For the Plain Text choice, enter the message in plain text.
- Learn more: Plain Text Option for Campaigns
- To add an image to the body of the message, click the Image icon to open the Image Library
- Optionally, add an attachment to the email message.
- The file lookup window displays files in the Documents object that are marked as publicly available (Publicly Available Documents)
- Template Fields
- Use the lookup tool to find and format Template Fields. Select a Category from the list and then lookup a Field you want to include in the message.
- Learn More: Template Variables
Callback Options Tab
In this tab, you can choose to automatically add follow-up tasks under specified conditions.
- Add Follow-up Task when
- Choose from: Email is Opened, Email Links are Clicked, Email is Opened and Clicked, Never
- Callback Owner
- Choose from: Record Owner, Campaign Owner, Specific Owner
- Delete Follow-up after (Days)
- Number of days before the callback is removed.
Use this tab to setup a campaign schedule; After a successful test, scheduled campaigns will be added to the job queue on the scheduled date and time
- Start Date
- Set start date for the campaign
- Local Start Time
- Set the start time for the campaign
About the Plain Text Option for Campaigns
Some email recipients choose to accept only messages formatted in plain text as a security measure. When an email message is sent with HTML formatting to a Text-Only account, all the HTML formatting (including formatted font styles, HTML or graphic images) are stripped out, and only the plain text version of the message is included.
This plain text option will appear when creating or editing email messages using the WYSIWYG or Raw Text editor.
To create a plain text version of a campaign or email message:
- Navigate to the message in Campaigns
- Copy the message and paste it into the provided text field
- The Text Description of the message must be more than 50 characters in length
- The opt-out link (unsubscribe) message is automatically included, as it is with HTML formatted messages