From LongJump Support Wiki
Use the Elements Sidebar to arrange and position fields in sections of a Form.
Users that have the Customize Objects permission can use the Elements Sidebar
About Display Labels
- The Display Labels option provides the ability to create custom labels for fields in a Form.
- In data entry tasks, the Form defines the appearance and behaviors of the page. Use the Clone a Form option to create custom data entry forms for different data entry tasks.
- Display Labels appear only in data entry forms (New Record or Edit a Record)
- Display Labels are configured for an Object, in a specific Form
- Display Labels are not visible in Views or Reports
- Display Labels are not available in Subforms
- When a Form is cloned, the Display Labels are copied to the new data entry form
Edit Field Properties
- In the Forms tab, hover the mouse anywhere over the field, and click the Edit Field button in the floating toolbar
- In the Change Field Properties dialog box, change any of the available parameters for this field
- Click [Save]
- Choose Display Attributes from the following options:
- No display attributes are specified (the field is displayed in records, and can be edited)
- Read-Only Field
- Read-Only fields are displayed in records, but cannot be edited. Read-Only fields can be defined from the Fields tab in Objects, or they can be Lookup-Derived Fields. To change the attributes of a field, see the Display Attributes section in Edit Field Properties.
- Required Field
- Required fields are highlighted to indicate that data input is required. If a Required field is empty and an action is taken on the record (Edit and Save for example), an Error Message is displayed. To change the attributes of a field, see the Display Attributes section in Edit Field Properties.
Required fields are highlighted with a green bar to the left side of the field. Fields without a highlight are optional
- Checkbox fields are not eligible as Required fields
- Hidden Field
To change the attributes of a field, see the Display Attributes section in Edit Field Properties.
- This option is not available for Custom Control field types