From LongJump Support Wiki
Sales Force Automation application > Workspace > Price Books
You can create separate Price Books for products that meet the specific needs of certain customers, accounts, or opportunities by defining which products are included, at what price, at what minimum quantity, which teams they are visible to, or by other criteria. Then, you can select specific products from different price books to associate with each opportunity. It becomes part of that opportunity's record.
About Price Books
For example, you can have products that are discounted during special times of the year, such as during holidays, certain seasons, or perhaps slow sales months.
Only members of the designated team(s) can view the products and prices associated with that price book.
Price books are not associated with specific customers, but are available to all customers (accounts) through opportunity records. You can select which products you want to sell from any price books that are available. You can also create unique price books for different opportunities, even for the same customer.
Working with Price Books
Create a Price Book
To create a Price Book:
- From the Sales Force Automation application, click the Price Books tab
- Click the [New Record] button
- In the New Price Book page, enter a Name for the price book, making it easily recognizable
- Leave the Flag Active checkbox selected until you are ready to retire this price book (due to product discontinuation, expired contracts, or other reason)
- Enter a Description for this price book that identifies how it is to be used
- In the Teams Information section, select the team(s) who can see this price book
- Click [Save].
- In the Related Information section, click [Add Products] to select products to be included in this price book
- In the Related Information section, click [Manage Products] to modify Minimum Number of Units or List Price for each of the products in the price book
Delete a Price Book
Deleting a Price Book can involve products and other Related Information.
See this section in the Recycle Bin article for more information: What Related Information is Deleted?
Add a Product to a Price Book
- From the Workspace, click Price Books.
- Click on the Price Book to which you want to add the new product.
- In the Related Information section of the record, click [Add Products] to add this product to the Products List.
- In the Add Products to a Price Book page, under Product Information, select the product you want to add.
You can also search for the product by entering the Product Name, selecting a Category, and/or entering the Product Code.
- When you have located the product, click [Save] to add it to the current price book.
The product appears in the Products List for that price book.
Associate Products with an Opportunity
- From the Sales Force Automation application, click the Opportunities tab.
- Select an opportunity to open it.
- In the Related Information section, under Products, click the [Manage Products] button.
The Manage Products for Opportunity page opens. The Opportunity Details section displays the name of the Opportunity and the Prospect or Account the opportunity is Related To.
- In the Products Information section, select the Price Book, the Product(s), and the number of Units you expect for this Opportunity. Add more rows as needed.
- Optionally, enter a discount percentage (%).
- Click [Save].
The products you selected from the price book(s) are listed under Products in the record for that opportunity. You can update the list by clicking the [Manage Products] button again.